Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Cold & Windy Halloween

There are many things that I will remember about this Halloween...but first and foremost I will recall that it was extremely cold and windy. Too cold and windy for little ones! In fact, I am typing this up several hours after we were outside, and I still feel chilled to the bone. When trick-or-treating started, it was about 42 degrees and very windy so that it felt like it was in the 30s. After weeks of excitement about trick-or-treating, the event did not last long. After the second house, they already had purple lips and chattering teeth, so we returned home to add another layer of clothing. All-in-all, we only made it to about 6 houses before the boys were frozen popsicles and were D...O...N...E!

In the photos below you can tell that David and Andrew are cold; I had to bribe them with chocolate to stand still so I could even take a photo. There's also one that I think is cute of David desperately trying to get back in our house. They were dressed as a little monkey and a banana (Mom's choice) since I assume by next year we will enter the superheros phase of little boy life. David liked his banana, but Andrew didn't want to put on his costume...many tears until he finally agreed he'd keep it on. Andrew liked ringing the doorbells, and David liked saying "trick-or-treat" and getting the candy. When someone would answer the door, Andrew wouldn't be interested in reaching in to take candy and David would politely say thank you for his candy. Then David would say "Can I take a piece for my brother Andrew" and then he'd put it in Andrew's Halloween bag for him! Isn't he sweet?

Luckily our neighbors Joe & Rebecca were having a Halloween party after trick-or-treating today. It seemed that everyone cut their trick-or-treating short due to the weather, so the party started early and the boys were thrilled. The boys got to warm up, get out of their costumes, enjoy yummy Halloween themed foods (mummy hot dogs), and play with tons of friends and toys. They had so much fun and went to bed with little over-sugared smiles. We let the boys stay up late since there is a time change tonight...crossing my fingers they sleep in a little tomorrow.

Happy Halloween All!


















1 comment:

Unknown said...

How adorable. Everybody is!